Sr Software Engineer - Embedded Communications
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Rockwell Collins
Requisition ID: 12767
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Software Engineer - Embedded Communications to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Communications Software & Hardware Engineering organization, you will be involved in the innovative design and development of our next generation of Communication Products covering all spectrum bands and multiple airborne and ground platforms. Examples of these products range from high-frequency radios to secure, sophisticated software-defined radios that can enable pilots and soldiers to transfer data, voice and imagery over the air.
• Designing, developing and testing embedded software in communications products for the U.S. military and international customers
• Contributing to software requirements capture and design
• Performing software/hardware integration
• Solving complex software and systems problems
• May lead a small team of software engineers
Candidates must have the following skills or qualifications:
• Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• Experience with multi-threaded embedded application software development and integration
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design
• Experience with standard software development practices and configuration management tools
Preferred, but not required, experience/skills with any of the following:
• Be comfortable working in a Linux development environment
• Effectively communicate in a professional manner
• Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
• Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
• Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• IP networking and networking protocols
• Mobile ad-hoc networks (MANETs)
• Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• Scripting languages such as python and perl
• Complex multi-threaded embedded C++ software codebases
• Radio communications systems
• Digital signal processing
• The Open Systems Interconnection model, with a focus on layers 2 (data link) and 3 (network)
• Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Design patterns
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.