Data Strategy Lead (VP)
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Resource Solutions - Barclays
Job Title: VP, Data Strategy Lead - Chief Controls Office (CCO)
The CCO Transformation team are responsible for the shaping and execution of all CCO transformation activities in order to uphold the CCO Mission Statement: Making Barclays a safer, stronger and more trusted bank for our customers, clients and colleagues.
This role is an investment hire and will be part of the Control Technology Strategy team, supporting the technology deliverables within the overall CCO transformation activity.
This is achieved through a strategic approach that looks to:
- ensure our technology architecture is simplified, globally consistent, integrated and supports scalability with full system and data integration
- deploy easy-to-use tools and integrated solutions with a greater level of automation and controls
- provide a platform to enable a single authoritative data source to support CCOs data strategy
- provide an efficient integration and analytics technology layer that supports consistency of reporting and use of people
- reduce CCO Technology spend through the use of strategic systems, including the decommissioning of existing CCO systems, utilising internal Barclays' infrastructure
The strategy is delivered through four key workstreams:
- System Architecture
- Data Strategy
- Control Automation and Process Design
What will you be doing?
The role holder will be integral to the Control Technology Strategy team, overseeing a team that will be responsible for analysing and understanding Barclays control data architecture.
As well as driving the improvement of data integrity across CCO the Data Strategy Lead will oversee the analysis of the current control technology data architecture. The role holder will then lead its simplification while ensuring greater consistency of data attributes across the three lines of defence.
You will also:
- Be a single point of contact for the Data Strategy workstream to CCO Transformation and wider CCO stakeholders
- Lead the work with the wider CCO community and Technology to ensure control systems architecture is in line with the Control Technology strategic roadmap
- Own and manage the Change Management Process to deliver improvements to data architecture, integrity and consistency
- Lead a delivery-focused team of Business Analysts to gather intelligence that will inform strategic decision making
What we're looking for:
- Confidence and gravitas - ability to deal with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Strong influencing skills and ability to get things done in a complex Matrix organisational structure
- Experience of working across multiple business areas, functions and locations
- A natural self-starter, whom can work on their own initiative on multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
- A team player
- Excellent people management skills
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Tool and system ownership experience and detailed understanding of working with diverse, senior stakeholders to define a technology vision and strategy to underpin/enable a business area
- Experience of working within an agile environment leading scrums, iterative delivery cycles, multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- A strong understanding of the risk and control environment
- Experience in a risk and control environment of a major banking/financial services organisation
- Works collaboratively
- Delivery focused
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Working knowledge of Barclays - goals, financials, staff numbers and structure.
- Strong analytical/problem solving mind-set but with the ability and willingness to get into the details to find solutions.
- Strong problem solving ability to address new situations and efficiently handle any incidents which may arise.
- Able to function constructively as a key player in collaboration with offshore delivery teams as required
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexible approach with an ability to deal with rapidly changing strategies and approaches.
- Basic level understanding of risk & control tools and systems, eg ORAC, Assure, CITAM
Where will you be working?
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London, where you'll find many shops and restaurants that are easy to access.
The role is based where the stakeholders are located.
Resource Solutions - HSBC
Resource Solutions - HSBC