Contract Pipe Support Designer needed, Contract, Aberdeen
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Progressive North
Supporting an established Consultancy who have several ongoing contracts with EPC's, we are looking for a contract Pipe Support Designer.
This is for an initial 3-6 month contract, to start within the next two weeks. Typical projects include large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments it involves sub-sea and topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms.
- Sound knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques (need either PDMS or E3D and ideally used the MDS add in.)
- Aware of and able to use codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation as applicable to draughting function
- Aware of and able to use company and client draughting standards and specifications
- Able to create base design drawings/models from agreed work scope with minimal guidance
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study and Detailed Design)
- Prepare structural drawings and designs from agreed work scopes with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
More details are available on request.
If interested, please pass over your CV or give me a call in the Manchester Progressive offices.
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.