Portfolio Accountant - Projects
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Resource Solutions - HSBC
Portfolio Accountant - Projects
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We have a current vacancy for a Portfolio Accountant supporting a programme team with responsibility for driving significant financial, process and cultural change into the business.
- As a Project Accountant, you will be working closely with project managers and project teams looking after one or a suite of projects, providing general financial advice and guidance.
- Developing the business cases for the programme to gain approval to proceed.
- Securing funding and committing to the financial and non-financial benefits to be delivered.
- Monitoring the project (s) for accurate recognition of expenditure and tracking of benefits generated.
- Monitoring monthly project milestones and updating forecasts as appropriate, ready for submission to the programme management office (PMO) and supporting the Project Control function as required in the monthly update cycle.
- Aid management's understanding of movements and variances to their projects.
- Provide financial support and advice to new projects within the relevant project group and attend relevant project review meetings.
- Constructively challenge estimates and assumptions to ensure that the projects are issued on a sound financial basis completing necessary data for the projects and prospects for submission into the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and budgeting processes.
- Ensure programme/project directors have access to the level of financial advice and support necessary to meet project milestones.
- Undertake technical analysis and financial modelling on options for special projects and programmes enabling decisions to be taken as to their viability.
- Prepare and present reports to senior management and PMO members.
- Ensuring robust financial reporting across business, applying policy and governance as appropriate.
- Design, establish and maintain financial models that assist in the delivery and monitoring of special projects and programmes.
Skills and Experience required:
- You will have a high attention to detail and possess an analytical, flexible, pro-active and "can-do" approach with good interpersonal skills.
- You will be confident in your ability to communicate at all levels within Finance and across other Functions.
- You will be working as part of a wider team and need to have a collaborative attitude and be mindful of the teams' priorities as well as your own.
- Prior experience in a banking environment would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Applicants will be considered who are Fully/Part or QBE accountants
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000C7VN
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.