Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Alexander Mann Solutions
Alexander Mann Solutions are the world's leading provider of talent acquisition and management services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more.
Our client, a global leading player within the Logistics field is looking for a Programme Manager based in Sheffield on a 12 month contract.
Has end to end accountability for delivery of a programme of changes to systems supporting administration of my clients Pension Plan. Projects in portfolio include: replacement Pensions Payroll and Plan Finance systems; and digitalisation of key member transactions to enhance member experiences and administrative processes to deliver efficiencies. Managing the overall delivery process, ensuring that selected suppliers deliver; acquiring & utilising the necessary resources & skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality. Managing project managers to ensure overall programme delivery.
- Identify, plan and coordinate the set of projects within the programme of business change to outcomes and business benefits, and maximise value to both client and members.
- Manage the approach to sourcing the programme and the interdependencies of delivery of those projects in support of specific business strategies
- Provide a point of escalation for individual projects within the programme
- Accountable for delivery of technology enabled initiatives as agreed with client (Trustee of the RMPP)
- Accountable for planning and monitoring the portfolio of projects; agree plans with client and senior stakeholders and report on project/programme status.
- Accountable for managing risks, issues, and change, escalating & proposing possible solutions where necessary
- Accountable for recruiting project staff and consultants as approved by the Project Board. Direct and motivate the project team - ensure all team members understand their roles; ensure project objectives and requirements are understood and met. Manage project training - training needs analysis and devising of user training programmes
- Responsibility for managing spend, including establishing budgets, monitoring spend and re-forecasting on a regular basis to highlight any potential issues.
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes
- Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the programme and identifying external dependencies on other projects, resource or environments
- Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with business stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a portfolio of full life cycle large technology integration projects from concept through to operational use
- Experience of delivering technology initiatives ideally in a pensions landscape or related area (eg HR or Finance).
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with significant experience of dealing with internal, external and third party supplier senior level decision makers
- Strong technical awareness to manage programmes with a high degree of technology content
- Proven experience of directing & motivating project teams
- Experience recognised Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies, eg Prince 2, Kanban, SAFe
Top 3/4 Evaluation Criteria (Hard Skills)
1) Demonstrable experience of overall responsibility for programme/project delivery
2) Experience of delivering technology initiatives ideally in a pensions landscape or related area (eg HR or Finance).
3) Previous supplier management experience
As the role has a fast turnaround time apply today to ensure you don't miss out
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business