Senior Security Architect
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Senior Security Architect
.*Can be located in Lake Forest, IL or Chicago, IL*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Firm is seeking a Senior Security Architect. Looking for candidates with diverse backgrounds in technology, who can comprehensively demonstrate their ability to identify, evaluate, develop and communicate complex cyber security solutions would be considered. Must have strong communication skills, defining standards, leading evaluations, proven technology roadmap development, etc.
Creates solutions for cross-enterprise complex problems in the areas of:
- Application Security
- Infrastructure/Endpoint Security
- Cloud Security
- Database Security
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other teams as necessary to ensure customer service levels are met
- Design and development of Security Solutions to protect Company IT assets (Americas)
- Work closely with Infrastructure OR Software Delivery engineering teams to ensure security requirements are understood and built into the design of other entreprise services
- Forecast and Establish technical requirements in concert with Architecture and Risk Management for Connectivity (intra and intercompany), Internet facing solutions, Infrastructure, Application, eCommerce, Mobility, Cloud, etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Architecture, Planning and Roadmap sessions
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend and plan the implementation of new or updated information security technologies
- Document solutions engineered to be handed off to SOC, and other Engineering support organizations
- Own Security aspects of Software OR Infrastructure Delivery life cycle
- Perform product and solution life cycle management ensuring capacity, integrity and availability of all systems.
- Lead the execution of more complex multi-platform changes
- Participate in projects as required; analyze, design, develop and implement security solutions which protect the information assets while enabling business functionality
- Lead/direct IT infrastructure OR application penetration testing using standard tools and procedures
- Perform Root Cause analysis for security or availability failure annd direct the remediation of Security related causes
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related degree, or equivalent job experience.
- 2 years of experience in Security solution design, implementation and troubleshooting across all computer platforms.
- 5 years of experience in Security technology implementation and troubleshooting across all computer platforms (Can count a bachelor's degree in CS, or InfoSec as 1.5 years of experience)
- 5 or more years required of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments.
- Experience and hands-on working knowledge with a variety of security technologies and processes including but not limited to Firewall (such as Check Point, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), VPN, SEIM, IDS/IPS (such as SourceFire, HP TippingPoint), HIDS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, data loss prevention (such as Symantec, RSA, McAfee), content filtering technologies, application Firewalls (such as F5, Imperva), vulnerability scanners, forensics software, and security incident response.
- Understanding of Cloud solution best practices and integration techniques
- GIAC and ISC2 certifications such as CISSP are highly preferred.
- Good understanding of Risk and Compliance framework, regulatory compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI-DSS)
- Highly self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment
- Solid understanding of standard business processes including Change Management, Problem Management, Work Prioritization, Quality Assurance, and Continuous Improvement best practices, etc.
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills