Application Engineer CAE
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Application Engineer CAE
*Can be located in Conway, AR or Lisle, IL*
Prestigious Firm is seeking an Application Engineer, CAE to provide Computer Aided Engineer consulting and software services to the computer-aided design community.
- Performs engineering analyses. Reviews product specifications and utilizes computer aided engineering (CAE) applications to apply conditions, replicate performance, and evaluate the manufacturability of products. Analyzes results and makes recommendations for changes or modifications. Works with outside vendors on projects requiring outside analysis work.
- Serves as a consultant to other engineers. Provides technical support in the area of finite element analysis (FEA) and utilization of application functions and features. Conducts training classes on CAE tools and techniques and works with outside vendors and trainers to identify, coordinate, and conduct advanced training.
- Identifies current and future needs of the engineering community. Conducts research and attends user conferences to learn about new and emerging applications and technology.
- Participates on project teams to support application development and customization. Assists in defining application requirements and specifications. Communicates needs and requests received from end users. Contributes to the development and execution of test plans.
- Evaluates vendor's new releases and provides feedback and recommendations for changes, enhancements, and improvements.
- May work with outside vendors to develop and deliver custom CAE software. Communicates specifications and works with vendors to ensure a quality product is delivered according to agreement.
- Supports and trains in file management of CAE data types.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- 3+ years in a design engineering and CAE environment
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Master's Degree in mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Ansys Electrical
Skills & Abilities:
- PC skills: word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Expertise in FEA tools
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations
- Good verbal/written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and handle frequent interruptions
- Customer service skills that demonstrate the ability to respond to user problems with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work second and third shift and weekends as required
- Domestic and international travel as necessary
Teach For America