Big Data Administrator
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Big Data Administrator 115285
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is looking for top engineers to help build next generation data analytic and big data platforms and software solutions. The Big Data Engineer position works in an agile environment interacting with multiple technology and business areas designing and developing next generation analytics platforms and applications. The Engineer is responsible for the strategy and design of complex projects as well as coding, and also supports project planning and mentoring. Effective communication is important as this individual will be interfacing with different areas including business clients, technology, architecture and infrastructure services.
Proven track record with Hadoop administration
- Administration experience on Hadoop, HDFS, YARN, Spark, Sentry/Ranger, HBase and Zookeeper
- Design, install, and maintain big data analytics platforms including design, security, capacity planning, cluster setup and performance tuning.
- Deep understanding of distributed Hadoop ecosystem, networking connectivity and IO throughput along with other factors that affect distributed system performance
- Expert in configuring & troubleshooting of all the components in the Hadoop ecosystem like MapReduce, YARN, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Oozie
- Experience in installing/configuring cluster monitoring tools like Cloudera Manager/Ambari
- Hands-on experience Scripting with bash or python (one of these)
- Working knowledge of hardening Hadoop with Kerberos, TLS,SSL and HDFS encryption.
- Good understanding on automation tools (eg, Puppet, Ansible)
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
- Expert in configuring & troubleshooting the components in the Hadoop ecosystem Spark, Solr, Scala, Kafka etc.
- Working closely with the various teams - data science, database, network, BI and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected
- Working knowledge on Jenkins, git, AWS.