IT Doors Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Octagon Professionals
Are you an IT professional with an understanding of IBM Doors? Are you proficient with Java development and Software Debugging?
We are looking for an IT Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Setup a DOORS environment for various ESA projects and directorates.
- Setup and maintain a Cloud service for DOORS.
- Identify requirements based on classified and unclassified DOORS environments depending on the project's needs.
- The user access to the DOORS system will be also from outside ESA firewalls for authorized external users (e.g. Industry, EU, GSA). In the case of access from outside the ESA, firewall is necessary, it will be made by means of security tokens, subject to the ESA Security policies. Certain projects might not allow external access from outside ESA firewalls.
- Work closely with corporate IT services to find the best possible solutions for DOORS environments for internal and external users.
- Specification and set up of DOORS projects for users if requested.
- Provide assistance in the technical and functional use of the applications under the Contractor's responsibility.
- Address requests related to applications and products out of his scope to the relevant support groups keeping the user informed.
- Provide expert advice regarding current system functionality and respond to: requests for manipulation of the database (e.g. generation of a specific script for data upload application configuration, etc.).
- Requests for data extraction, ad-hoc reports, etc.
- Troubleshooting applications error not requiring the intervention of the development team.
- Master's degree from a recognized institution of secondary studies or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- A deep understanding of IBM DOORS is required.
- Proficiency in databases systems (e.g. Oracle, MariaDB, etc.).
- Good experience in developing Web applications using standard application frameworks and related Web technologies.
- Capable of Java (web) development.
- Capable in Software development (Pascal, C, C++, Java, Spring, Hibernate, PL/SQL, Perl, PHP, VB).
- Proficient in Software Debugging.
- Proficient in running operational environments.
- Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation, etc.) are crucial.
- Must be able to train and explain issues to users over the telephone and email, and to maintain clear communication with the ESA's technically responsible for all tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, high sense of rigour and proactivity.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken. Knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacations days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Application deadline: Friday, the 8th of March
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.