Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Pacific Life
The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
The Life Insurance Division (LID) Asset Liability Management (ALM) team is responsible for managing and monitoring financial risks within the division. Two broad key functions of the group include managing financial risk and monitoring and communicating financial risk. The team is responsible for overseeing cap and credit rate management, hedging, asset/liability portfolio management and reporting.
- Overseeing the design and development of ALM Risk Reporting. This includes quarterly Risk Management Report, ALM Dashboards and Financial Reporting.
- Fostering strong relationships with colleagues in Finance, Product Design, Risk Management group and Investment Management within the Life Division and across the company.
- Calculating and analyzing risk associated with fixed products, including interest rate risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, insurance risk, etc.
- Performing capital markets and actuarial research and studies to investigate underlying risk drivers of the products and asset portfolios.
- Participating in analysis of risk metrics and risk mitigation solutions for both assets and liabilities.
- Participating in ALM risk management processes surrounding hedging, setting credit and cap rates and dividend scale.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- FSA designation in the Society of Actuaries
- 5+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance industry, life products preferred
- Strong understanding of financial concepts, statutory, GAAP, and/or economic capital framework
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues to non‐technical audience
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues on cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge of software such as MG-ALFA or other modeling software is preferred
- Self-starter with good time-management skills
- Can effectively lead teams and projects comprised of direct reports or peers