Technical Lead II
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Vanguard
You will be helping our business partners envision possibilities for technology solutions, find ways to connect disparate systems and automate process, and create something new while working with a variety of different technologies. You will have an opportunity to be creative and work as a solution architect one day, develop a strategic technology roadmap the next, and the following day be busy with developers to build a solution that could involve third party vendor integration, AngularJS, Java, mobile development, or data analytics. You will be leading a multi-functional team, with responsibilities as Scrum Master as well.
Do you have the desire to learn new skills, and truly make a difference for our FAS business?
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities. Ensures the viability of IT work. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical work. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT authorities, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis. Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews. Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by your team members. A Technical Lead II should be able to perform as a Developer III. Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and resolve conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas. Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams crafted by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes. Finds opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies. Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at landmark reviews. For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member's duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member's duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities. Thoroughly understands and aligns with IT policies and procedures, especially those for high quality and productivity that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and aligns with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies the work you're doing meets Information Security requirements. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and analytical skills
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
- Experienced knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle
- IT vendor product assessment
- Architecture design
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and completion of the work you're doing
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred
- Works on multiple, medium size projects or one large project with timelines of 6 - 15 months
- Works on dissimilar technologies (e.g., applications), for multiple platforms and business areas, for critical systems with the largest numbers of interfaces and users
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.