Senior Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Rockwell Collins
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Senior Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance Engineer to join our team in Carrollton, TX (IMS INC) (5070). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Collins Aerospace's cybersecurity services proactively support continuity of operations at critical infrastructure facilities. Our layered approach implements best practices to build industry-specific solutions to enable our customers to meet regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the Cyber Security Engineering Manager, and will help lead the development and execution of secure solutions and services for critical physical security systems.
This is a client-facing position and there is a 25% travel requirement to customers' sites throughout and outside the United States.
- Defines and implements information security strategies and procedures.
- Works with engineering teams to define and refine information security and systems management policies and settings.
- Monitors and assesses vendor and 3rd party information security reports/lists.
- Evaluates new and emerging products, technologies and make recommendations to leadership concerning introduction of new technologies.
- Coordinates, administers, manages and monitors the use of access control systems security tools and intrusion detection systems to identify anomalous events and security infractions that exploit system vulnerabilities.
- Integrates information security controls into an environment to identify risks and reduce their impact.
- Provides analysis of potential risk to information security and recommends solutions.
- Creates and maintains information security documentation.
- Communicates information security procedures to users.
- Reviews and recommends changes to information security policies.
- Support Computer Incident Response Teams (CIRT) as appropriate.
- Working closely with Business, Application, Architecture, and Infrastructure & Operations teams assessing Cyber Security posture and risks in new and significantly changing information systems.
- Owner and administrator of Project Execution Process (process documentation regarding project planning, execution, and closeout). Complete updates, publish, and provide training to assure system-wide compliance.
- Research, develop, and implement enhanced communication and utilization of Project Execution Process.
- Leverage existing methods and provide recommendations to measure compliance to Project Execution Process.
- Support implementation of online collaborative platforms for project teams and portfolio management. Lead or provide input to system and/or process design and configuration.
- Maintain Lessons Learned database, facilitate Lessons Learned sessions when needed, and ensure resolution to action items.
- Maintain Project Change Tracking database and ensure resolution to action items.
- Apply best practices and knowledge of internal/external businesses issues to improve processes or services.
- Facilitate work sessions to identify business problems, develop root cause analyses and suggest areas of performance improvement. Create process and procedure documentation.
- Ensure ongoing sustainability of improvements. Evaluate and monitor results to make data-driven decisions and make recommendations to leadership.
- Take action in a self-directed manner to identify issues and make recommendations to department leadership.
- Act as a resource for team members with less experience.
- Collaborate with department management and recommend specific actions in response to analysis; follow-up on recommended action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and / or Information Assurance from an accredited institution or related specialized field is preferred.
- This position requires you to work in a restricted facility requiring US citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance for on-site support at client sites, if required.
- Ability to travel to customer site (up to 25%).
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the field of systems engineering in cyber security / risk management in a client-facing role.
- Experience in the following, but no limited too:
- Writing, technical documentation, editing, and / or developer outreach
- Producing and organizing content with a logical flow
- Using precision measuring instruments
- Identifying and utilizing a global risk-based management model
- Information security / compliance technologies and issues on multiple platforms
- Application and integration of globally accepted security standards
- Systems configurations that will protect systems from unauthorized access and software intrusions utilizing risk based model
- Developing more complex security standards and procedures in complex and/or global technical endowments
- Implementing security solutions
- SAML / Single Sign On tools, techniques, and authentication with SaaS applications
- Identity and Access Management
- Endpoint / Server Security tools, techniques in large enterprise environment
- Knowledge in the following, but not limited too:
- Networking technologies
- Globally accepted security principles, compliance standards, and technologies
- Preferred Certification: SSCP, GIAC, or CISM
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks on-time and within budget in a results-driven environment.
- Ability to interface and collaborate with clients, peers, regulatory agencies, other departments and all levels of management to develop and improve solutions, and to build and maintain rapport and relationships.
- Ability to complete multiple projects / assignments concurrently while adjusting to changing priorities.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, manage risks and safety appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Strong ethics, interpersonal skills, flawless communication skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.