Sterile Processing Tech Lead
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Mercy Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72 (Days)
Primary Location: IA > NEWTON > SKIFF MEDICAL CENTER
POSITION SUMMARY: Demonstrates expertise in all aspects of sterile processing. Is responsible for coordinating sterile and non-sterile supply needs for Operating Room and other hospital departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and documented competence in the operation of specific sterilization systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, lead, organize and develop the staff and service of the Central Supply Department
- Demonstrates ability to establish priorities and organize effectively.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and interest while coordinating with other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of national guidelines for sterile processing.
- Assumes responsibility for own growth and education.
- Demonstrates written and verbal skills
- Demonstrates commitment to Customer Service.
- If licensed as RN or LPN, able to fill in as staff nurse in OR as needed.
EDUCATION: Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Central Supply Technician with certification.
LICENSURE: If RN or LPN, currently licensed in State of Iowa; If Central Supply Technician, certification from CSSPD or IAHCSMM.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Skiff Medical Center