Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by CHI Franciscan Health
Registered Nurse / Per Diem / Varies - Days / PACU / Recovery / St Elizabeth Hospital / Enumclaw WA
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
Identifies the post-surgery patient at risk for complications and provides appropriate interventions.
Performs a systematic and thorough physical assessment based upon knowledge of the post-surgery physiology.
Manages patients with invasive lines and equipment (i.e., arterial lines, Swan Ganz lines and chest tubes).
Assesses patient to include physical, psychosocial, cultural, behavioral/emotional, developmental and spiritual needs. Gathers data relevant for patient care. Implements appropriate patient interventions and evaluates outcomes. Plans care appropriately based on needs identified during initial and on-going assessments. Provides holistic, comprehensive, and professional nursing care to patient within the scope of practice. Implements appropriate patient interventions and evaluates outcomes.
Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of available communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Populations Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department's defined specific populations served.
Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Demonstrates accountability to meet stated deadlines for all mandatory requirements.
Documents care delivered and patient status utilizing the nursing process in accordance with FHS standards of care, for example, changes in patient condition, patient responses to intervention and reassessments of pertinent findings. Receives and assures appropriateness, accuracy, timeliness and execution of physician orders.
Prepares patient for examination/procedure. Routinely explains delays.
Performs related duties as required.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Education & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Possession of a BSN degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years current experience in an acute, inpatient PACU setting within the last 3 years strongly preferred OR Graduate of ICU residency with a minimum of six months ICU experience.
- Experience with airway emergencies, (i.e. laryngospasms, airway obstruction, stridor and arrest).
License & Certification:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within six months of date of hire.
- Certified Perianesthesia Nurse (CPAN) or Certified Ambulatory Peranesthesia Nurse (CAPA) preferred.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: On Call
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Elizabeth Hospital
CHI Memorial Health
WellStar Health System
WellStar Health System