Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Agemark
- Respond promptly to requests for maintenance service; document work completed if required.
- Report all maintenance concerns to Director and make recommendations when repairs, equipment replacement or system upgrades are needed.
- Operate within monthly budget and make special purchases with approval.
- Help set annual goals and assess quarterly.
- Help train/orientate new staff regarding building functions, as directed.
- Store chemicals, supplies, tools and equipment in a clean and safe manner.
- Upon turnover, return vacated suites to rentable condition; work with Director and Family Service Coordinator to assess cleaning, repair and improvements needed.
- Follow procedures to record and file information pertaining to furniture, fixtures and equipment, inventory, keys, storage units, certificates and inspections, etc.
- Participate in regularly scheduled safety inspections.
- Assist contractors who are performing repairs, regular maintenance, or inspections on elevators, boilers, HVAC and emergency systems, and other equipment, as needed.
- Help residents move in and out of the Community.
- Coordinate or perform resident transportation as needed.
- Meet standards as outlined in the Quality Assurance Program.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- General knowledge of maintenance and general upkeep.
- Knowledge of tools, general building requirements and codes.
- Knowledge of regulations regarding building codes, hazardous materials, OSHA, MSDS sheets, and fire and safety procedures.
- Ability to recognize areas of improvement and determine best and most cost effective fix.
- Able to accomplish a reasonable quantity and quality of work, reflecting good time management, job commitment, and ability to prioritize.
- Able to work scheduled hours based on personnel and Community needs; may be required to work weekends.
- Able to establish and maintain constructive relationships with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, Community operations and personnel.
- Able to respond to medical, fire and other emergencies as required.