Surgical Services Assistant - Surgery
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Surgical Services Assistant
Schedule: (4) 10 Hour Shifts, Days, Monday-Friday
Location: St. John Broken Arrow, Broken Arrow Oklahoma
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Broken Arrow
- St. John Broken Arrow, opened in 2010, is a six-story, 44-bed hospital. St. John Broken Arrow offers a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency care, orthopedic services, sports medicine, a regionally renowned joint replacement center, general surgery, cardiology, outpatient services and all-digital diagnostic imaging services. A 100,000-square-foot medical office building connects to the hospital. Also known for our renowned joint replacement center. Our dedicated staff are committed to providing the highest standard of medical care.
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties in surgical services to maintain a well-supplied, sterile environment.
- Perform terminal cleaning of each operating room daily, including thorough decontamination of furniture, equipment and air vents.
- Transport case carts, equipment and supplies and dispose of hazardous waste according to policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain supply inventories at an appropriate par level.
- Provide physical assistance for patient positioning, lifting and, moving as directed by clinical nursing staff.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Surgical Tech
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)