Certified Surgical Technologist - Ortho
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our Surgical Technologists are incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as family.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hand required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitor/track instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Required Credentials:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date.
- One or more of the following:
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) obtained prior to hire date.
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) obtained prior to hire date.
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Orthopedic experience required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)