Clinical Lab Extern
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Clinical Lab Extern - General Lab Anc 001 - PRN, Rotating - St Mary's of Michigan-Med Ctr - Saginaw, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to, under direct supervision, learn to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of a laboratory.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- May rotate through or observe other areas of the laboratory.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Medical Lab Technician or Medical Technology program
Equal Employment Opportunity