Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN-Admissions - Nursing Administration 002 - PRN, Night - 20th Avenue Bldg - Nashville,TN, shift coverage 630pm to 0700am
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, part of Ascension, is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based healthcare system in Tennessee.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity toCoordinates and facilitates patient admission according to patient acuity, bed availability, and required services.
- Collaborates with the nursing staff and multidisciplinary team members to place patient in appropriate level of care to achieve desired outcomes.
- Initiates care management process including pre-registration and insurance verification.
- Stays informed of changes in managed care and communicates procedural and financial impact to admitting physicians during the reservation/scheduling process.
- Reviews medical reports from referring hospitals or physician offices and relays information to nursing unit. Develops relationships with referral sources and admission decision makers.
- Coordinates education and development of internal staff and external departments to ensure understanding of intake review and approval process.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Current incumbents as of 4/30/18 have 6 Months (180 days) to obtain BLS.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)