Principal Data Architect - Finance Effectiveness
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Indeed
As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
The Money Team is responsible for the platform, tools, and systems that Indeed uses to monetize products and interface with financial data systems. Every month our systems process hundreds of thousands of invoices and hundreds of millions of dollars that are crucial to Indeed's growing business. We design and implement key processes across all Indeed products to track sales activity, evaluate credit, monitor product usage, bill customers, process payments, determine quota and commissions, and integrate with accounting platforms for reconciliation and financial reporting. We apply modern agile and data-driven product development practices to create a great customer experience.
Your opportunity to create - The Money Team is seeking a Principal Data Architect, with a strong background in data definition, modeling, implementation, and financial ecosystem. This is a hands-on senior Architect role where the individual will be responsible for the overall design of solutions within the data ecosystem serving our Finance business partners with a focus on revenue and monetization data. These solutions should be simple to address today's needs, but also thoughtful and extensible to provide a foundation for the future work of the group. This role will require someone who is experienced in designing data schemas and pipelines for financial systems, is able to evaluate multiple technologies and technical solutions, and be a hands-on contributor for engineering goals for multiple engineering teams. Additionally, as a technical leader within the team, you will mentor and coach your team members; therefore, top candidates have experience as either a team lead or manager.
What you need to have
- BS in Computer Science or related area, or relevant work experience
- 7+ years of experience in designing, implementing and managing production data storage solutions for both transaction processing and analytics workloads (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, HBase, etc)
- Working knowledge of programming languages like Java, Python, C#, C++ or similar
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and related programming languages (PL/SQL, T-SQL, etc.)
- Understand the challenges of the current state, influence engineering strategy, suggest suitable new capabilities, features, and functionality
- Collaborate on architecture development and future state roadmap.
- Leverage existing industry reference architectures and utilizes specialty architecture knowledge.
- Analyze and create architecture models based on continuous feedback loop with key stakeholders
- Deliver detailed design to development organization on enhancements to data architecture
- Architect, design, and build enterprise-class relational and dimensional data models.
- Stay abreast of information management trends and standards, master data management, data services, self-service business intelligence, metadata management, data quality, and data governance.
- Proven ability to work with highly reliable systems and distributed systems
- Previously developed on financial and/or accounting systems
- Have experience building integrations with 3rd party solutions for business-critical functions
- Thrive on simplifying complex information
- Want to be challenged by building large scale, highly reliable, and high-performance systems
- Can effectively collaborate with leaders in other Engineering teams, Product Management, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and internal customers and stakeholders
- Have a history of mentoring engineers to help them grow and meet team goals
- Have transformed businesses from legacy systems/models to new ones, incorporating best of breed technologies
View our bounty of perks: 
View Indeed's Applicant Privacy Terms: