Technical Writing Intern
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Indeed
As the world's number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 250 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications, and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo and Hyderabad, we are improving people's lives all around the world, one job at a time.
We're looking for a Technical Writing Intern who can help us create, edit, and organize technical information and turn it into compelling and useful content for internal and external audiences.
How we'll help you:
- Pair you with experienced writers to help you develop and refine your technical writing skills
- Introduce you to an awesome team and company
- Teach you how to use technical toolsets
- Empower you to research, design, and produce technical content
You care about written communication. You love learning about new technologies. Your writing is clear and concise. Most of all, you relish the opportunity to overcome technical and communication challenges. Whether you have a degree or are working on one now, we want to hear from you. We believe interest and aptitude are more important than formal class training. Responsibilities:
- Create and organize internal technical information for developer processes, product features, and new technologies.
- Create technical documentation for our open source products.
- Work with technical staff to write and edit engaging posts for our internal blog.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Rising senior graduating in 2020
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You can learn new technologies quickly.
- You are efficient, organized, self-motivated, and love to bring order to chaos.
- You can ask the right questions and get the right details from highly technical people.
- You're not afraid of adjusting to sudden changes and are excited about using your creativity to solve problems.
- You have a basic comprehension of HTML/CSS.
- game design document (GDD)
- academic paper excerpts
- short stories
- blog posts
- business writing
- club charters
- committee/meeting notes
- webpage copy