Nursery Practitioner/ Nurse
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by SmartList
Full-year 36 hours a week
Salary FTE: £18,141 - £19,497 depending on experience
Contract term: Permanent
The role: Nursery Nurse-Northampton
The main duties include:
- Supporting the children in all learning activities and acquisition of skills, including meal and snack times
- Planning and preparing appropriate activities
- Supervising a range of play opportunities, observing and assessing development
- Providing pastoral care
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times, administering basic first aid (if qualified to do so)
- Maintaining effective working relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents, working collaboratively across all areas of Junior School
To succeed in this role, you will have a recognised childcare qualification and a sound understanding of the EYFS Foundation Stage framework. You will be self-motivated and want to work as part of a successful team that is child focused in every element of its practice and dedicated to the delivery of outstanding nursery education. You will need excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and you will have a patient and positive outlook. We encourage outdoor learning particularly through Forest School, so you will be happy working outside as well as indoors.
About the School: Nursery Nurse-Northampton
Northampton High School, part of the Girls' Day School Trust (GDST), is an independent girls' day school with a reputation for academic excellence, strong pastoral care and a wide breadth of extra-curricular activity. We are proud to be at the forefront of education for girls and a strong voice in promoting opportunities for young women.
Benefits: Nursery Nurse-Northampton
As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Good transport links
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Childcare vouchers, interest-free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
Applications should be submitted by midday, on Thursday 28 th February 2019 at the latest, however, applications may be considered in advance of the deadline.
The School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.