Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by SmartList
We are an established house builder based in Kendal who operates in North Lancashire, South Cumbria and the Eden District. We now have opportunities for confident and motivated individuals to join an expanding head office team.
This position is dependent on experience. A good knowledge of building timber and or plumbing materials is essential.
Working with the Purchasing Manager to achieve cost savings whilst retaining quality and service. Training and support available for those working to move or improve purchasing skills and supply skill sets.
Applicants should have experience gained in a similar role be a team player with good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Support and assist the Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiate with suppliers/manufacturers to obtain best cost/quality and service.
- Create and issue purchase orders as sanctioned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Create and amend product details on computerised system.
- Create spread sheets to compare prices across product ranges.
- Arranging housetype material schedules.
- Progress deliveries with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Deal with enquiries and queries from sites and suppliers.
- Check Supplier/manufacturer order acknowledgements.