Assistant Land Manager
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by SmartList
We are an established house builder based in Kendal who operates in North Lancashire, South Cumbria and the Eden District. We now have opportunities for confident and motivated individuals to join an expanding head office team.
Assistant Land Manager - (Part-time or Full Time)
To assist the Managing Director in running the land department. A level of knowledge of land, associated legal issues and some experience of new build either with another house builder or Land Agency would be an advantage.
Training and support will be given where needed to supplement the candidates existing knowledge and skills.
Applicants should have good interpersonal skills, a good knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel, as this role deals with sensitive matters confidentiality is an essential requirement.
- Negotiation of Land options/contracts/tenders for land.
- Research of second hand and new house prices for identified land.
- Preparing development viability appraisals in conjunction with the Finance Manager, Company Architect and Company Q.S.
- Preparing Heads of Terms.
- Negotiating and concluding necessary easements with third party land owners.
- S106 and utility supply negotiations.
- Identifying and researching land opportunities within our target area.
- Networking with local agents and land owners to promote the Company.
- Competitor research.
- Representing the company at housing events and public consultations.