Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Kent Adhesive Products Company
Kent Adhesive Products Company (KAPCO) is a growing company in Kent Ohio.
Kapco is a custom coater and converter of flexible pressure-sensitive materials. Founded in 1974 in Kent, Ohio, KAPCO is an innovative business that continues to define higher standards for adhesive applications. Kapco is servicing the Digital Media, Computer Aided Signage Media, Book Preservation, and the Custom Coating and Converting of pressure sensitive materials for a variety of markets including medical, electronic, automotive, and industrial. All of the company's operations are located in a modern 120,000-square-foot facility.
Kent Adhesive Products Co. (KAPCO) is seeking an experienced Estimator to help support our growing custom business. This position has great growth potential and will be a key member of the custom Kapco team. If you thrive in an innovative team environment that takes your ideas and opinions seriously, then we encourage you to explore this opportunity.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Create and calculate estimates based on the customer's project specifications. Estimate creation includes, material selection, establishing production and set-up times, staffing and labor costing, job sequence and lead times.
- Performs project work related to process development and improvement.
- Reviews specs for new products and recommends material selection.
- Reviews new processing concepts with manufacturing staff and suggests alternative methods in support of product trials and production optimization.
- Performs estimate reviews for new orders and evaluates performance of completed jobs (actual vs. estimated) to identify areas for improvement and ensures documentation reflects realistic expectations.
- Orders production and miscellaneous tooling specific to products and works with die makers and fixture manufacturers for test and production orders.
- Interprets data and makes the best decision to enable accurate, profitable and timely quotes.
- Effectively collaborates with team members as needed on high priority projects.
- Estimator experience of at least 5 years
- OR, graduate of 4-year college degree in mechanical technology/engineering or related field, with minimum 2 years relevant estimating experience
- Must be creative and thrive at finding solutions for custom processes and products.
- Basic math functions; ability to convert unit of measures.
- Ability to create, modify, read and interpret CAD drawings and blue prints.
- Ability to learn and efficiently operate various computer programs used for estimating.
- Team player with an ability to pivot to high impact jobs upon request.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level organizational skills, detail oriented and able to process and perform multiple tasks in a professional manner. Record keeping and data tracking are vital.
SPECIFIC WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Understanding of the limitations of in-house equipment versus newer technologies and the desire to learn new manufacturing/processing methods.
- Good understanding of pressure sensitive adhesives (types, assembly techniques).
- Understanding of converting/web process and available technology, roll to roll and roll to sheet processing. Along with a working knowledge of rotary die cutting, slitting and laminating.
- Liner knowledge and understanding of how release factors can impact the converting process.
- Understanding of coating process, roll versus gravure.
- Understanding of films, non-woven and other flexible materials.