LPN - Medical Surgical - Nights - St. Elizabeth
Posted on Feb 15, 2019 by CHI Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: NE > LINCOLN > ST ELIZABETH
**Eligible for New Hire $2,500 Sign-on Bonus & $5,000 Loan Forgiveness!**
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes therapeutic relationships with the individual/family.
- Collecting basic data from observations, examinations, interviews and written records as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on the physical, psychosocial, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Maintaining open communication and reporting findings to the Registered Nurse.
- Participating in the development, revision, and implementation of the patient plan of care.
- Participating in providing continuity of care to meet patient's changing needs.
- Utilizing problem solving approach to meet patient and team needs.
- Administering and recording selected medications (according to medication administration policy).
- Providing patient teaching based on individual patient needs.
- Identifies need for, participates in, and evaluates patient/family education and discharge planning.
Graduate of accredited school of practical nursing.
Current Nebraska LPN license.
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Consistently adheres to and demonstrates our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Health