Legal Secretary - Personal Injury
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by DAC Beachcroft
We have an excellent team who work and play together and take real pride in their work.
If you are interested in joining an energetic and dynamic team where you will learn new skills and progress, you should apply.
Not only do we provide an outstanding client experience, but we work hard at providing a welcoming, encouraging, supportive and inclusive environment for our highly valued team.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and dynamic law firm in the city centre and become part of a growing team.
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
• Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation;
• Preparing briefs;
• Creating, amending and formatting legal documents and templates with a high degree of accuracy;
• File management, including electronic filing, scanning, photocopying and archiving;
• Diary management;
• Assist with expense claims;
• Reception cover (1 hour per week);
• Arrange travel and hotel accommodation;
• Booking of meeting rooms.
• Proven experience of working as a Legal Secretary a must
• Strong dictation experience;
• A minimum of 60 wpm;
• Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential;
• Excellent administration skills;
• Ability to work on one's own initiative;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Ability to prioritise large workloads;
• Ability to multi-task and work to strict deadlines;
• Team orientated and collaborative with a flexible attitude;
• Professional telephone manner and excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• The candidate should have a positive, helpful and cheerful attitude;
• Vast experience preparing briefs
DAC Beachcroft Dublin specialises in defendant personal injury, insurance, professional indemnity, health, commercial litigation and employment work.
We offer a local service to all clients, whether based in Ireland or internationally. Our team of partners, lawyers and support staff work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters.
Since the inception of our Dublin office we have established ourselves as one of Ireland's fastest growing and most recognised firms within our areas of expertise. We have achieved this as a result of our top quality team so if you want to join a special team doing quality work, this is the team for you.
About the firm
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK's largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK's top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit .
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.