Legal Executive - Defendant Insurance team
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by DAC Beachcroft
If you are a team player, take real pride in your work and have a passion for or genuine interest in Personal Injury litigation please apply.
You will do challenging work for multiple clients in a great team that is constantly growing. We frequently work with colleagues in our international offices.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and dynamic law firm in the city centre and become part of a growing team.
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
The Defendant Personal Injury team acts for Insurers, State Bodies and large self-insureds. We act for most London Market insurers with Irish exposure as well as a large number of Irish Insurers.
Due to continued expansion we require at least one Legal Executive to join the team.
Be a team player who will work together with solicitors to deliver a top quality proactive service to our clients.
The role will involve day to day file management and progression, including the following:
• Arranging consultations with witnesses and drafting witness statements
• Preparing instructions to counsel and collating accompanying documents
• Attending counsel in court
• Instructing medical and other expert witnesses, including detailed letters of instruction and collating the expert's papers
• Arranging witness consultations and taking witness statements
• Reviewing medical records and preparing chronologies
• Previous experience of assisting with personal injury claims is not essential but would be advantageous
• Evidence of communication skills is essential -the role requires an ability to communicate confidently both verbally and in written form in a clear and concise manner
• Must be able to work on own initiative and unsupervised
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines
• Evidence of organisational and time management skills is essential
• Quality service - ability to produce work to the high standards required; produce work with accuracy
• IT - competent in Word, Excel, Outlook and ideally experience of a case management system and electronic working
• Team-working skills - a flexible and self-motivated team player who is able to respect and support others within the team to achieve common goals.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin specialises in Defendant Personal Injury, Insurance, Professional Indemnity, Clinical Negligence, Commercial Litigation, Sports & Regulatory and Employment work.
We offer a local specialist service to all clients, whether based in Ireland or internationally. As well as being an established presence in the Irish market, we regularly work with our colleagues throughout Europe and beyond. Our team work together to provide a client-led service, which responds swiftly and effectively to all matters.
Since we opened the Dublin office we have established ourselves as one of Ireland's fastest growing and most recognised firms within our areas of expertise. We started with two people and now have over 50 people and we are continuing to grow. We have achieved this by providing a unique offering which can be tailored to the specific requirements of each of our clients. We provide this bespoke service incorporating sound, pragmatic and commercial advice in a cost effective way.
DAC Beachcroft Dublin is part of the DAC Beachcroft group, an international law firm comprising in excess of 2,500 staff and benefiting from the depth and reach of a legal network with coverage across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and North America. Our clients benefit from the management and quality systems of a truly international law firm. We are one of the few Irish law firms which has achieved the ISO9001 quality standard and ISO27001 certification for our information security procedures. We have also attained the Gold Standard for Investors in People. Our services are modelled on providing quality, value and cost certainty to our clients.
• 24 days annual leave (increasing with service)
• Personal Retirement Savings Account
• Private Medical Insurance
• Group Life Assurance Scheme
• Income Protection Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible Benefits
• Bikes to Work
• Dublin Tax Saver Commuter Scheme
• Flu Vaccination
• Microsoft Office
About the firm
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK's largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK's top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit .
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.