Senior VBA Developer, Senior Associate
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
- Develop small applications in Microsoft Office suite using VBA or VB.Net.
- Perform best practices of application development e.g. apply clean code approach, limit future support and development needs, promote/enhance existing tools.
- Perform Project Analysis of requirements received for each development effort.
- Maintain each development cycle stage to ensure timely delivery of application (e.g. UAT, SQA).
- Perform best practices to obtain data elements from company systems.
- Provide operating support of developed applications.
- Actively work with team members to ensure best practices are being applied.
- Continually review and redefine development processes e.g. learn new methods.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with IT and Business contacts globally
- 5-plus years' experience in VBA development in Microsoft Office environment.
- Practical SQL knowledge.
- Experience with VB.NET or C# will be an asset.
- Experience with GIT version control will be a plus.
- Experience in Financial Services is a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Familiarity of Agile development methods
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Very good English
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- Working hours: Flexible, Possible part time remote work.