Production Support IT Analyst, Associate 2
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
With over one trillion in processed securities, State Street Global Exchange (SSGX) is responsible for the delivery of risk reports primarily to funds of hedge funds and institutional clients. Such reports contain mainly model analytics, risk statistics, stress test. These analytics are produced through State Street's proprietary software, truView, and its pricing models.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the Application across multiple environments
- Respond to user issues, working with the Development team or external support teams for the resolution.
- Take part in the Release Management process to ensure stable code delivery to UAT and Production Environments.
- Work with the Data Delivery team in monitoring the Data delivery application, ensuring files to and from clients are received and delivered to meet SLA's. Also, working with client facing teams and clients to initiate new Data Delivery folders.
- Review and reconcile system and network based access lists and handle user based access requests.
- Interact with Development and IT Support teams to deliver enhancements to system infrastructure.
- Communicate with system users and development teams in the event of system based issues.
- Develop and maintain the Production Support Procedures library - for future reference
- Promotes teamwork and works to establish consensus among team members
- 1+ years of experience in a Production Support capacity.
- Fundamental skills in MS-SQL (or equivalent); Ability to create and execute queries and understand the basics of tables and stored procedures.
- Intermediate skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word; ability to import data, manipulate and make data easier to understand using MS-Excel. Create presentations using PowerPoint and clear / concise documentation using MS-Word.
- Basic PowerShell skills; ability to run a PowerShell script and basic scripting knowledge.
- Basic knowledge or working experience in Linux is a plus.
- Previous experience supporting applications in a Windows environment; understanding of processes and services that run on Windows servers.
- Very Good written and verbal communications are required.
- Ability to interact with users across Development, System Support teams, Business user groups and at time external clients.
- Detail oriented and goal driven.
- Ability to work on and track multiple tasks or projects.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway