Risk Analyst, Associate 1
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
GX Risk Analyst
State Street Global Exchange Analytics' truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity.
The successful candidate must be familiar with financial markets and financial instruments including valuation models and risk analytics to support our risk management services; good verbal and written skills.
- Preprocess of all holdings data and enriching with Security Master attributes
- Day to day client servicing through risk reporting across several locations in US, EMEA and APAC
- Perform daily reconciliations on a range of data and risk analytics
- Follow and working on existing, clearly defined procedures, to solve routine problems
- Understanding of Value-at-Risk methods, sensitivity measures and Stress Testing techniques
- Work co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Provide adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes
- Assisting Senior risk analyst with ad-hoc client queries
- Other duties as assigned
- Participating in local training sessions for skills development
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Finance/Economics or equivalent
- Financial servicing experience preferred not required
- Understanding of financial products, models and methodologies essential
- Knowledge of risk analytics like value at risk (VaR), option pricing, profit and loss, statistical & distributional analytics would be an advantage
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent PC skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of SQL and advanced usage of Bloomberg
- Attention to detail is very important