Senior GL Accounant/ Fund Administrator, A2
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
This position is within the Private Equity Fund Administration Business Unit of the State Street Alternative Investment Services Group, working specifically with Real Estate and Direct Funds.
Under direct supervision, the Fund Administrator, Assc 2 provides assistance with the daily cash management, custody and accounting, and reporting functions to support the fund administration role. Fund Administrators at State Street interact with all levels of personnel but will have no contact with clients or client contacts. Fund Administrators handle the day-to-day accounting and accounting related administration for one or more client sponsored investment funds.
- Preparation and/or review of periodic cash or other bank reconciliations for all fund entities.
- Accounts payable, distribution and investment funding accounting processing and/or review
- Reconciliation, preparation and/or review of capital call and management fee calculations
- Preparation and/or review and of general journal entries
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial work papers including portfolio investment schedules, accrual work papers and partners' capital allocations and capital statements
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy client files on a daily basis and archiving as necessary Interacting with internal auditors providing requested information as needed
- Preparation and/or review of various client related correspondence including audit confirmations and investor requests Participation in special client or internal projects as required Assist in training Fund Administrator, Assc 1
- college degree (accounting degree strongly preferred; business, mathematics, finance or economics degree required)
- 2 or more years of previous accounting experience.
- strong computer skills, particularly MS Office products, especially MS Excel
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway