SSGA Tax Senior Associate
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
Global Funds Management provides a centralized oversight program for various SSGA products and services by implementing, managing and/or overseeing the administration, tax, treasury, fund governance and regulatory reporting requirements for SSGA funds.
The strategic objective of the role is to ensure appropriate tax withholding and refunds are executed upon in a timely manner, reporting is undertaken where required, and is done so within the regulatory framework of the tax jurisdictions of the securities issuers.
NRA/US withholding and reporting:
- On a daily basis calculate US sourced income attributable to non-US participants
- On a quarterly basis, aggregate US sourced income attributable to non-US participants, and calculate withholding due based on pre-determined withholding rates applicable.
- On a quarterly basis, collate trade files to redeem units from non-US participants' accounts to fund US withholding due.
- On an ad-hoc basis, at liquidation of a non-US participant's holdings, calculate US withholding due for funding at liquidation
- Validate US tax forms from the Forms W-8 series for validity and applicable withholding rates. Update information from the forms in appropriate locations accurately.
- Assist with 1042-S reporting.
- Request and review dividend information from the custodian.
- Extract ownership reports from participant record keeping system.
- Execute allocation of fund level dividends to participant level via approved methods.
- Assist with reconciling data provided from the custodian to ensure accurate application of participant level reclaims.
- Assist with the creation of client level profiles in the custodian's tax reclaim system.
- Track receipt of tax reclaim payments.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS office products
- Strong understanding of tax reclamation process
- Detail oriented, organized
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Quality focus
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English