Global Operations Custody Tax Services Manager, Officer
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Reporting to an AVP, the Officer is responsible for oversight of a team of 6-10 individuals whose focus is on ensuring proper servicing and operational execution of all custody tax responsibilities. The role requires a firm understanding of tax complexities, State Street systems, as well as a significant emphasis on risk mitigation and talent development.
- Provide strategic vision for the team in line with corporate organizational goals
- Perform and/or monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilisation of resources
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and VP informed of issue
- Monitor errors, complaints and potential breaches
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work
- Establish and oversee the development of a risk culture within the business and ensure business line accountability for risk management and measurement.
- Responsible for oversight of multiple functions aimed at ensuring all operational execution of all custody tax responsibilities
To be successful in this role, your profile should include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in custody tax environment.
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Highly computer literate
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills
- Ability to build, train and manage effective teams
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor