OTC Derivatives Team Leader, Senior Associate
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
The team in Poland deals with the complex derivatives processing for the entire European Derivatives Centre of Excellence. The Derivatives Group is the central point of contact for the clearing brokers and client service teams on all sites. Its responsibility is to capture and book all business and supplementary business offshored from other State Street sites.
Other services provided include some cash instructions and the improvement of processes for recording derivative instruments accurately and efficiently. The Team supervisor is responsible for leading a derivatives group and will be responsible for identifying potential risk or problem situations conducting impact analysis and resolving the situation. This particular role is related to OTC Reconciliation process.
- Prepare and plan workloads to ensure client and internal deadlines are meet
- Identifies and takes action to correct procedural weaknesses
- Act as the first point of contact for general queries
- Facilitate resolution of outstanding issues and/or exceptions with other departments in respect of the unit's work (e.g. ensure any aged/material items are resolved in a timely fashion as per corporate standards)
- Introduce and contribute new ideas/procedures to further streamline the operational process
- Monitor document process flows and procedures
- Management of internal/external audit requests through to audit sign off.
- Determine training requirements and development activities of the team along with team members.
- Oversee the mentoring and development of the team through goal and objective setting.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment
- Point of expertise for complex process issues
- Ensuring communication with appropriate contacts on outstanding items is effective whilst maintaining client relationships.
- Be involved in the take on of new business and modelling for new fund structures where appropriate including requirement to actively participate in client meetings
- Project management and execution of transition activity
Work Parameters or Boundaries:
- Internal procedures and regulations
- FSA Regulations
- Accounting Standards
- Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Communicate effectively and accurately in the English language. Strong leadership management and organizational skills along with a high degree of numeracy. Good working knowledge of software packages particularly Microsoft Excel good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry would be advantageous.
Level of Education:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area preferred
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
Previous Level of Experience:
- Minimum 2 years in Business related area.
- People management experience would be a strong advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail crucial
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written
- Methodical and organized
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good management skills