Senior Fund Accounting Manager (AIS NAV), AVP
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
The client Group Manager is a key position within State Street Bank, taking responsibility for the servicing of a number of client relationships. The CGM has direct responsibility for the fund groups servicing the clients that are each headed by an Account Manager. The position of CGM therefore requires an attention to both staff management and client service.
- Serves as a source of technical information to answer and assist with client questions regarding: Product Types & structures, Basic regulatory issues, Compliance Issues, Industry developments, Operational Issues, Risk Issues
- Manages the set-up of new funds and new Clients upon allocation by the Department Manager. On conversions, ensures that assets are received, reconciled, confirmed and booked in accordance with the customized conversion checklist; meets deadlines
- Prepares documentation for and interfaces with: Internal auditors, External auditors, Procedures and Controls Unit
- Keeps current on status of each fund by monitoring Account Managers review of all control reports.
- Establishes and monitors control procedures for special client situations.
- Ensures quality and timeliness of report delivery to clients.
- Engages in high-level problem resolution within bank and with external operations personnel.
- Ensures overdrafts are minimal, justified and resolved.
- Ensures all claims are promptly processed and resolved on behalf of the bank and the client.
- Ensures reconciliation's of cash and securities are current and differences are promptly resolved.
- Ensures all regulatory reports are filed accurately and timely. Keeps current on industry and bank operations by reading financial press and internal mail.
- Work to achieve process standardization across teams in Poland.
- Participates on committees to design/respond to operation changes ("task forces").
- Keeps current on procedures/systems changes and ensures incorporation into group procedures.
- Attends regularly scheduled unit/department of divisional managers meetings.
- Participates in departmental liaison meetings (Admin services, support services etc.)
- Participates in new business presentations.
- Actively works towards increasing efficiency/productivity year on year for each client
- Actively drives efficiency improvements in the group
- Manages extra client/donor site requests and ensures the Operating Model remains appropriate
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams
- A University Degree in banking/finance or related field. A business-related degree or accountancy qualification would be an asset
- Specialist experience in the area of fund of funds and fund of hedge funds would be an asset
- Minimum 6 years of experience in operations or audit in collective investments, preferably with considerable client interaction.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive with the strive to "make things happen"
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway