Audit and Client Manager, Officer
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
Position Summary At this level you will be required to demonstrate a good track record of client and/or auditor interaction, thorough understanding of financial reporting standards, in particular IFRS, ability to interpret accounting standards and regulations.
You will be expected to work closely with the financial reporting teams in Poland, as well as State Street's clients and auditors based outside of Poland.
Scope of Responsibilities - principal tasks
- Direct management of the assigned clients,
- Leading calls with the clients and auditors,
- Managing the preparation and agreement of reporting timetables, in liaison with the clients, auditors and the financial reporting team in Poland,
- Cooperating with multiple internal and external stakeholders,
- Providing or coordinating written and verbal responses to auditor or client queries during the reporting cycle,
- Performing review of full sets of financial statements for assigned clients prior to them being released to the clients,
- Acting as central point of contact for accounting standards and regulation related queries, encountered on daily business, in order to support the staff and increase their expertise knowledge.
- Proposing and/or implementing procedural changes,
- Initiating and overseeing tasks within the continuous improvement drive to ensure that the department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Maintaining and developing expertise and provide advice to our clients, demonstrating sound judgement and an understanding of the business,
- Support internal training team while preparing training materials and delivering training sessions to the staff.
- Observing, inspecting and evaluating the performance of assigned and non-assigned staff in the department
- Taking on ad hoc project work as required from senior management.
Qualifications A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar ideally with accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CPA) and will have 5-8 years' experience in a similar environment.
Industry Knowledge Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP.
- Up to date on all technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports
- Experience in working with a number teams / people who do not report directly to yourself
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work to others
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops