Project Manager, Officer
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
- Project Manager is responsible for meeting project goals within agreed scope, time and budget. The jobholder may also assist the Programme Manager/Portfolio Manager with large regional projects.
- The jobholder will be primarily accountable for Transition-type projects transferring work into/out of Poland
- The jobholder may be involved in Lean/Process improvement type projects depending on specific assignments
Project Management/ Change Management responsibilities:
- Project Manager oversees projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets;
- Leads engagement work planning, scoping, and budget development in line with engagement strategy and deliverables; assembles engagement team;
- Provides overall engagement management, including work plan, issue resolution, and close management of scope change;
- Ensures efficient communication and relationship management with multiple stakeholders including (Sponsors, Senior Management, PMO, project members, business units, end users)
- Secures prioritization and time management to support multiple projects/tasks in parallel
- Provides management of a temporary project team within the matrix reporting structure (if applicable)
- Secures adherence to State Street's internal Project Management methodologies and standards
- Produces required reporting according to needs of stakeholders.
- Provides risk and Issues identification and mitigation
- Performs Lean/Process Reengineering data analysis if applicable
- Collaborates with other PMO team members on local PMO processes
- 3-5 years of proven project management experience (preferably in transitioning of financial services). Additional Lean/Process Reengineering experience will be considerable advantage
- Excellent project management skills, extensive project management experience and training.
- Knowledge of Project Management Institute Standards or certification (e.g. PMP) will be a considerable advantage
- Proficiency in English is a must.
Core soft skills:
- Evidence of strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent managerial skills enabling managing project team working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including experience in face to face presentations to senior management.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Continuous improvement mindset