Securities Lending Support Analyst, Associate 2
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
This role has been created to provide operational support to the SSB Depotbank Control (Securities Lending / OTC Collateral control) team. The Support Analyst(s) will be responsible for working in close cooperation with the Depotbank Control team to ensure daily ex-post compliance and conformity checks are completed within the advised timeframes. Furthermore, the Support Analyst(s) will be responsible for producing comprehensive client reporting and managing daily reconciliation processes to support the Depotbank Control activities of the Securities Lending and OTC derivative business lines. Data formatting and experience of working with macros is required to support the daily processes. The majority of the tasks are time sensitive and delivery times to clients are regulated in various SLA's and Operating procedures. The Support Analyst(s) role requires the candidate to work in a highly disciplined manner, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and to organise and prioritise the workload across the team accordingly.
- Reconciliation experience
- Data Uploads and Data Staging
- MS Office experience
- Excel and macro experience
- Data Quality Checks
- Daily and Intra-Day Data Maintenance
- Data Transfers and Monitoring
- Data Processing
- Data Quality Improvements
- IT and BU Coordination to ensure proper data flow, integrity and handling.
- Process and Procedure Optimization within Data Management
- Settlement knowledge for cash and securities
- CMW / Instruct knowledge would be an advantage
- Experience to clarify failed transactions
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
- Point of expertise for team members.
- Review all reporting produced by the Associates.
- Liaises with internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
- Maintaining and fostering a team environment.
- Responsible for quality control and production of KPI's
- Involvement in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Organise weekly review meetings with supporting KPI's
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Resolve review points highlighted by their manager and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a disciplined, organized manner to tight SLA agreed deadlines.
- Flexibility and an ability to manage ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains systematic filing practices.
- Ensure that daily work load is allocated appropriately.
- Adheres to clean desk policy and record keeping.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
- Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
- Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in their work organization.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent English/German would be an advantage.
- Accounting knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Securities Lending and OTC derivatives business lines
- Team Oriented
- Works independently, efficiently and precisely
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level:
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Economics/Accountancy/Business related degree (preferred)
Previous Level Of Experience:
At least 1 to 2 years previous experience working in a back office operations environment.
State Street UK
State Street UK
State Street UK
State Street UK