SSgA State Street ETF Model Portfolio - Research Strategist
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
- Assist clients in understanding the impact of utilizing SPDR ETF strategies in their portfolios
- Generate quantitative analytics and write papers/commentary to support use of ETFs in a portfolio context
- Conduct investment research, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning
- Produce routine analytics on asset allocation and macroeconomics to support SPDR ETFs
- Direct research support for marketing, sales and client service efforts
- Provide investment support for the creation and updating of sales and marketing collateral
- Present research findings effectively both internally and externally
- Participate in model validation, maintenance, and infrastructure monitoring
- Deliver portfolio analytics and investment analysis to clients
- Quantitative analytics
- Papers/commentary to support use of ETFs in a portfolio
- Investment research
- Custom client analytics
- Case studies on portfolio construction utilizing SPDR ETFs
As a Senior Analyst you will be responsible for portfolio analytics, portfolio optimizations and trading simulations.
We are seeking individuals with experiences in areas of Finance, Applied Mathematics, or Economics with a specialization in investment management. Experience with research and modeling within the context of multi-asset class portfolios is preferred. As a potential candidate, you are expected to have experience in quantitative analysis: forecasting models, portfolio construction, risk management, and trading using a variety of advanced quantitative techniques. You should be able to work well in a team and feel comfortable presenting research findings.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- 3 to 10 years of experience (depends on seniority) preferably in multi-asset, asset allocation, macroeconomic research or quantitative research areas.
- Strong statistical and financial modeling skills.
- Good understanding in the financial market and various asset classes
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Strong programming skills (Matlab (required), SQL, Excel, VBA)
- Experience with financial software (FactSet, Bloomberg, Datastream)
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player
- Very good English