SSGA Investment Solutions Group - Portfolio Management Analyst
Posted on Mar 15, 2019 by State Street UK
Investment Solutions Group Portfolio Managment Analyst
State Street Global Advisors
Purpose Of Role:
Support ISG Portfolio Managers
The role of the portfolio management analyst is to provide investment support to the portfolio management team of the Investment Solutions Group with a specific focus:
Portfolio monitoring and management Portfolio analytics and research Team support
This team will provide support to ISG investment teams in EMEA, North America and Asia Pacific.
The role will focus on the following missions:
Portfolio Monitoring and Management
- Assisting investment managers in the preparation and monitoring of daily cash flow and rebalancing activity for portfolios
- Providing assistance in the management of asset class fund of funds and strategic asset allocation portfolios
- Monitor cash and FX positions to avoid overdraft and alert PMs
- Monitor currency hedging and hedged ratio in liaison with the Portfolio management team
- Monitor portfolio positions in line with guidelines, risk and position limits and escalate promptly to managers deviations
- Develop and maintain portfolio oversight reports - performance and exposures for management oversight and non-standard, mandate-specific requirements
- Transaction Cost Analysis review to help the Portfolio management team in improving the trading process with the trading desk
- Custom client reporting, ad hoc client inquiries
- Investment review of underlying building blocks with a specific focus on fund (including ETF) monitoring - vendor concentration, cost effectiveness, consistency of performance results
- Run strategic and tactical optimizations on portfolio managers' behalf using the Investment Solutions Group's tools and inputs.
- Meeting with and providing information to fund managers; this might include summaries of research, investment ideas, key events from the proceeding day as well as key drivers for the day/week ahead
- Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met.
- Building and generating reports regarding investment portfolios, performances and trends on a regular basis (from daily to quarterly).
- maintain dashboards, build meeting report packages
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Understanding risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic trends
- Knowing various investment types, such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds
- Programming skills (VBA and Matlab)
- Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- initiative, flexibility and innovation
- Interest in current affairs and an appreciation of their impact on the market
- Commitment to further study and qualifications
- Language skills and a global mind-set - for international organisations.
- Possess CFA certification or committed to reach the CFA certification in the short term (1-3 years)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, VBA and PowerPoint
Level Of Education:
A undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines is preferable:
Previous Level Of Experience:
Experience requirement: minimum of 5+ years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
Experience managing people is a plus