IT Support Engineer (m/f/d)
Posted on Mar 16, 2019 by Kolibri Games
Kolibri Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two Games, 'Idle Miner Tycoon' and 'Idle Factory Tycoon' have already reached 70 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer an autonomous studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
IT Support Engineer (f/m/d)
Kolibri Games are looking for an IT Support Engineer, to join us and take ownership for all IT related matters within the studio.
The IT Support Engineer is the glue that holds a growing tech company together. You will get to know every person in the studio and be the go-to support for all first level IT related issues.
You will be responsible for ordering all IT equipment, ensuring all Interviewees have the relevant equipment and software and organise all machines/phones/tablets for new starters.
You will take ownership and full responsibility for the first level IT support across the studio including; ordering equipment, fixing and maintaining hardware and helping with network issues.
You will also work towards helping the department to run efficiently, improve our processes and develop longer term improvements and advancements around scaling of the company and the team.
- Taking ownership for the IT support department
- Building and fixing machines/hardware and resolving any equipment issues
- Troubleshooting software issues, offering first level support to a studio of over 100 people, at present
- Communicating and working with a wide range of people, with the ability to understand their needs and translate that into actions
- Managing account license and permissions across Email and multiple cloud based services
- Taking care of assigning new permissions for new starters or internal changes
- Ordering and setting up machines for interviewees and new starters, making the process as smooth and quick as possible, including finding new ways to improve IT onboarding
- Sharing the ownership for local infrastructure such as the alarm system, room booking system etc
- A keen interest to forge a career in IT support
- A strong knowledge of both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Experience with setting up, fixing and maintaining hardware
- Strong problem solving skills with a tenacity to overcome all problems through research, learning and trial and error
- The ability to take ownership and initiative to find solutions to problems and also improve our processes as the company scales
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to work across all company departments and at all levels. Have patience to handle first line requests and trouble shoot for non-technical people
- Have a hands on mentality, with the ability to identify problems and proactively fix them
- Ability/willingness to occasionally work outside of working hours to ensure that a problem is resolved, should one arise
- A passion/interest in video games
- German language skills would be beneficial, but are not essential
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages is beneficial, such as; Bash, Perl, Powershell or similar
- Previous network infrastructure maintenance experience
Why Join us?
Team - A position in a driven and brilliant international team
Rapid Development - An organisation truly dedicated to getting things done as fast and elegantly as possible
Autonomy - We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games from their first day
Opportunity - We offer career progression, training and opportunities to impact a growing company. We regularly hire people with potential and have seen many interns and working students join us permanently
Players - We're aiming to be one of the most player centric companies in the world. Working on a live game ensure your work is seen by millions and you will gather rapid feedback from the players
Training - A personal learning budget of €1,000+ to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding classes
Studio - A modern workspace with state of the art tech, based in Berlin
Equipment - The newest technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time - you get a new one every 2 years
Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge; Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
Competitive Salary - We believe that top performance should receive top payment
Profit Share - Full-time employees also get the chance to financially profit from our unique company share/stock option program
Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
Parties - Regular company parties to celebrate, including Summer, Christmas and key company milestones
Team Events - We regularly have events like bowling, BBQ's and Movie nights. This year we went to Tenerife for a company holiday!
Wisdom and Waffles - Industry thought leaders join us to share their knowledge with the team
Friday Celebrations - Company provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is a vibrant games company. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Kolibri Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is 'Idle Miner Tycoon', one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 70 million downloads and seven figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, 'Idle Factory Tycoon', which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.
Bruker Nano GmbH