Senior Software Developer (m/w/d)
Posted on Mar 16, 2019 by Vontobel Asset Management S.A. NL München
Developer (m/w/d) Take ownership and bring opportunities to life.
Vescore is the quantitative investment boutique of Vontobel Asset Management.
We are pioneers in the active management of risk premia in the areas of multi-asset, equity, fixed income and commodities. Founded in 1998 at the University of St. Gallen, Vescore was acquired by Vontobel Asset Management in 2016. We currently manage CHF 13 billion in assets.
At Vontobel, we actively shape the future. We create and pursue opportunities with determination. We master what we do - and we only do what we master. This is how we get our clients ahead.
Vontobel Asset Management is an active asset manager with global reach and a multiboutique approach. Each of our boutiques draws on specialized investment talent, a strong performance culture and robust risk management. We deliver leading-edge solutions for both institutional and private clients.
Vescore is looking for an experienced developer to support our established asset management business. The role requires a generalist with strong programming skills, open minded to banking and asset management business and its processes.
- Development and maintenance of components in the boutique's service-infrastructure, portfolio management and trading applications in collaboration with other developers and investment professionals
- Setup of portfolio management processes (e.g. portfolio analytics, transaction handling, fund operation, reporting)
- Comfortable in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment, and able to identify and implement improvements
- Are you self-critical, hands-on and hungry for the next challenge, with several years of professional and proven experience in software development. A Master's Degree or similar is desirable, but not necessarily in a technical field. Experience in the banking or asset management industry may be a plus.
- Extensive experience in general-purpose languages (C#/C/C++ and Python) seeing modern design patterns only as suggestions, breaking and making their own if required. Solid SQL-skills. Experience in Excel, MATLAB/R/Octave/VBA is a plus.
- Proficient in writing optimized code while keeping things simple and down to the problem. Strong understanding and interest of efficient and sound resource usage in a concurrent always-on environment. Experience in enterprise database-based development is a big plus.
- Detail oriented, self-driven, focused, trustworthy, motivated team player with strong documentation skills, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Very good knowledge of German and good knowledge of English
We are looking forward to your online application
Peter Joscht, Corporate Human Resources