Application Manager for a petrochemical company - Rotterdam
Posted on Mar 17, 2019 by Human Source Group
- Provide 1st and 2nd level business applications support and training to users on day to day issues. Work closely with users to determine issues and propose solutions.
- Operation and problem solving of business applications including monitoring of jobs, interfaces and server functions.
- Response and resolution management of day-to-day user issues related to all types of IT systems
- Serve as a bridge between users and the business applications development team.
- Work with the business to define and execute the adaptation, extension and implementation of business applications with the goal of safe and reliable operation, effectiveness and cost efficiency of business applications in the global organisation.
- Specify, design, implement, document and test business application solutions that integrate consistently into the existing IT system landscape.
- Manage changes and projects with sound change/project management methods.
As a Application Manager you will meet the following requirements:
- Working experience of 5 years in the field of supporting, implementing and extending enterprise business applications such as packaged ERP systems, ETRM systems and/or custom software in the commodities trading or oil refining business including the following processes and functionalities:
- P & L and exposure reporting
- Pricing, mark-to-market and valuation o Bulk logistics/operations
- Derivatives trading and back office
- Transaction settlement and interfacing into accounting
- IT project experience in different roles over the whole project lifecycle.
- Good analytical and technical skills (SQL , Sharepoint , basic programming) as well as a good perception of user needs and business processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Good English language skills (verbal & writing), German or Dutch is an advantage
As an Application Manager you will work for an international petrochemical organisation (downstream). The company has about 1800 employees worldwide and has an annual turnover of several billions. The organisation is active in the Benelux, Germany, France and Switzerland. The IT department in Rotterdam services several offices and locations, and exists of 19 collegues, devided in Skilled Service Desk, Application Management, System & Network Administration, Business Consulting en Project Management. You will work closely together with a team of other business analysts, application managers and project managers. The work ambiance is 'to the poit' and informal. All people have a 'can do mentality'. The dresscode is business casual. Togehther with you collegues you will work in a big plan office on the 7th floor with an amazing view. The location provides enough parking space below the building. Public transport is within walking distance.