Senior Frontend Engineer - Rotterdam
Posted on Mar 17, 2019 by VONQ
Senior Frontend Developer
Rotterdam, fulltime, asap
Make tools people love to use and create the ultimate customer journey
As a Frontend expert at VONQ you'll have a huge contribution to our core product: the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It's a big data-driven application with a recommendation engine to help recruiters market jobs online.
The platform is used daily by our customers and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out to out further. Make it work better, give more insights and create the ultimate customer journey. And that's where you come in!
What your actual job looks like
- You'll work in an agile multidisciplinary team: pairing, code reviews and giving/receiving feedback is something you'll do regularly
- In order to create awesome interfaces for our clients, you'll work closely together with both Backend specialists and UX Designers. You know like no other how to turn design into working software!
- You'll work on creating the ultimate customer journey & data visualisations
- You'll make sure that the JMP is good working and you are always looking for ways to improve further and implement new features.
- You'll enjoy the state of your code: regular refactoring, and maintaining a good test coverage is in or normal workflow.
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data- and DevOps Engineers, an Agile Coach and a CTO.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done! Furthermore we think you need:
- 3 year experience as a Frontend Developer and an Agile mindset
- Excel lent English communication skills
- Experience with HTML , CSS (SCSS ), Java Script (ES2015 )
- Experience with React , and ideally Redux , BEM methodology, unit testing (Jest), and E2E testing (Cucumber )
- Affinity and experience with data visualisations
- A passion for building tools!
- It's an absolute plus if you are a Frontend specialist with a full stack mindset: having backend and/or devops experience (PHP )