Senior Test Manager
Posted on Mar 17, 2019 by CGI Nederland B.V.
CGI has a vacancy for a
Senior Test Manager
Your day to day activities
The Senior Test Manager develops a test approach and oversees the planning, management, and execution of the Test activities of several active systems development projects at a time are in line with that approach, with responsibilities including:
- Effective test effort and schedule estimating for large testing projects (e.g. up to 40 resources) using repeatable methods and tools.
- Reviewing detailed business functionality requirements and ensuring testability and traceability.
- Staffing and managing large-scale globally-delivered testing engagements; developing and planning globally delivered testing solutions.
- Leading and managing the development of overall test strategies/test plans for automated and manual testing - including definition of test phases (e.g. up to 8-10 distinct and gated test phases) and multi-year schedules, change management, test data approach and risk management.
- Developing and presenting test progress reports, defect tracking and analysis and productivity metrics; quantitative and qualitative analysis of test results, defect resolution trends and application readiness, for executive level reports and recommendations.
- Managing project escalations and providing effective risk mitigation to ensure projects remain on schedule and budget; estimate testing impact of change requests as required.
- Leading and assisting with non-functional testing requirements of performance, security, operational readiness and data conversion testing.
- Being trusted partner and advisor to senior (program) management as well as business development and customers.
The Senior Test Manager will oversee the development of new services (e.g. mobile app testing and accessibility testing) and mature existing services with responsibilities including:
- Researching current market trends and performing competitor analysis.
- Building relationships and partnerships with software vendors and other 3rd parties.
- Creating methodology and processes; training and recruiting staff to deliver the service.
- Developing Test plan, and supporting collateral.
- Presenting and selling to top tier client management.
- Responding to complex RFP/RFQ's requiring Testing responses.
- Actively engaging in industry conferences, writing whitepapers, etc., to further position our thought leadership in the industry in the Testing area.
CGI Netherlands is developing own IP to cover the needs in the Utility markets. Main focus is the (De) central market facilitation. These systems provide solutions to exchange information (orders, changes, finance) between TSO and DSO. The development is based upon 20 years of experience in this area and country based (data model, regulatory, functional knowledge, etc.). The unit is located in The Netherlands, customers are global.
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Especially in the Test area;
- Exceptionally strong and balanced mix of technical and business knowledge and experience required;
- Excel lent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills as well as very strong organizational, verbal and interpersonal skills are required;
- Outstanding written communications skills are required: both at the detailed RFP response level and the concept level of a presentation;
- 15 years of QA/Testing and software development experience working in teams;
- 10 years of experience in a QA/Test Leadership role, responsible for leading the work of other team members in large testing efforts;
- 5 years experience in the use of automated testing and test management tools:
- Strong knowledge of HP Quality Center, TestDirector, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner.
- Experience with MS Azure platforms and Visual Studio Team Services is a pre;
- Familiarity with Rational tools such as Clear Case, Clear Quest, and RequisitePro or other comparable tools;
- Familiarity of open source tools such as Selenium , Test4Gen, Grinder, etc., and other testing utilities such SQL , File-Aid and XML ;
- 5 years of experience in leading and conducting non-functional testing such as Security and Performance Testing;
- Experience with development and testing on legacy mainframe, thick-client and web-based applications;
- Experience with current .NET , JAVA , SOA and Web 2.0, and open source technologies.
A team player with a track record for meeting strict deadlines and examples of experience with:
- Building sales proposals and responding to complex RFP requirements. Providing creative global delivery solutions to testing projects.
- Ability to facilitate and lead discussions with C -level;client management;
- Extensive Business Development experience or demonstration of a strong ability of Consultative Selling;
- Familiarity with project management methodology (e.g. PMI), and experience with various software development methodologies including Waterfall, RAD/Iterative, Agile );
- Knowledge and experience with industry testing methodologies (e.g. QAI, IEEE) and advanced testing techniques such as all-pairs;
- Knowledge and experience with leading Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9000, Six Sigma and basic Quality Management Tools;
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
Additional preferable skills and experience:
- 5-7 years of Consulting / Professional Services experience;
- Testing certification preferred: CSTE/ISTQB or Project Management Certification: PMP;
- Vendor or technology certification.
CGI Nederland B.V.
CGI Nederland B.V.