MS SQL Infra Engineer in Amsterdam
Posted on Mar 17, 2019 by iSense ICT Professionals
As a SQL Server Engineer you will work on a broad set of competences. You will work on standardizing and automating the infrastructural services. In addition, as a team player you will contribute to the processes and projects you work on according to the Agile / Scrum method. In concrete terms, your activities amount to the following:
- Delivery of automated Microsoft SQL Servers;
- Take lead in the AlwaysOn environment, since you're the expert in this area;
- Design, develop, test and deliver standardized infrastructural services that are ready for use;
- Implement mandatory security standards;
- Restructuring and reusing existing code, modules and functions;
- Writing and executing automated tests;
- Develop and make available micro services and API s;
- Switching with the internal customers and responding to the wishes and needs of these customers;
- Managing all components and resources in version-controlled repositories;
- Restructuring and reusing existing codes, modules and functions;
- Writing and executing fully automated tests;
- Build, improve and maintain tools and scripts;
- Implement user stories from the back log.
Within this organization you will work within the domain infrastructure. The team you work in facilitates the business by delivering a complete stack / platform where the business can host its applications. The stack runs on a Windows OS and is virtualized with VMWare . The team wants to stay ahead of innovation, as they just implemented a configuration to the Private Cloud and the implementation of MS SQL server 2016. You will be part of the Infrastructure's team, which delivers an private system database infrastructure, driven by continuous innovation through automated systems. You will engineer and build reliable, secure, scale-able available and cost-effective database infrastructure solutions for internal partners. One of their biggest challenges is the AlwaysOn Availability, that allows administrators to pull together a group of user databases that can fail over together. The availability and reliability of very large amounts of data are high priorities. In addition to pro-actively managing the environment, they are also responsible for monitoring and database tuning. You are also involved functional level to coordinate growth.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with large physical and virtualized (Enterprise) Windows environments;
- Proven experience with managing Microsoft SQL Server databases (latest versions);
- A DevOps mind-set and experience working with Powershell ;
- Experience with MS Clustering, Always-on, database replication;
- Knowledge of queries, stored procedures and troubleshooting;
- Implementing security standards skills;
- Experience with large-scale database migrations and Life Cycle Management (LCM) projects within the ICT infrastructure;
- A team player mind-set and excellent communication skills, which you can transfer to your team member without any issues;
- An out-of-the box mentality and, of course, an awesome personality.
You will work at a large and progressive financial institution with offices in the Netherlands and abroad.