Health and Safety Manager
Posted on Mar 17, 2019 by Sodexo
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Duration: 6 to 12 month full time contract
Start Date: ASAP
Health and Safety Manager Job Introduction:
We are recruiting for a Health & Safety professional to take responsibility for leading all aspects of developing, implementing and maintaining accreditation to agreed QSE standards at one of our corporate contracts based in Dublin,
Working in conjunction with the Corporate Services Health, Safety & Risk Team You will ensure the site operates within the demands of all relevant health, safety and compliance legislation and comply with all Sodexo and Regulatory policies, procedures and performance
Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the centre of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Health and Safety Manager Main Responsibilities:
* Implementation and use of Integrated Management System
* Ensure the site have relevant business continuity plans in place as required by working with Corporate Services Business Continuity & Risk manager
* Manage the contract Risk Register and update
* Provide regular reporting on progress of all QSE objectives and exception reporting of issues and incidents to Contract Management Teams.
* Provide leadership to aid the management of supply chains and compliance with QSE standards through audit and review of operating practice and systems.
* Ensure, roll out and manage a communications plan for all QSE activities and legislative changes to ensure awareness of all staff.
* Ensure appropriate time and resources are provided to establish a compliant business and to identify any systemic weaknesses.
* Promote and develop a QHSE culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the Sodexo operational delivery on site.
The Ideal Health and Safety Manager:
* Sets and meets challenging goals & seeks long term improvement
* 5 Years Management Experience
* Recognised H&S qualification (NVQ Level 6 / Diploma or equivalent).
* Internal Auditor
* Chartered member of IOSH (or working towards).
* Detailed knowledge of current QHSE legislation in Ireland.
* Excellent and proven operations/client relationship management.
* Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practice
* Commercial understanding of FM Management contracts and operational business processes.
* Experience of development and implementation of QSE systems and managing and maintaining external accreditations
* Previous experience of managing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships
* Good organisational /communication skills.
* Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed.
About The Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers fantastic rates of pay and company benefits
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today