Electrical Enginneers - Dublin and Galway
Posted on Apr 6, 2019 by Arcon Recruitment
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
* Conceptual design for electrical engineering components of renewable energy power plants.
* Input into technical elements of Employer's Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
* Apply aspects of the Employer's Requirements to all designs and enforce the Employer's Requirements in review of site documentation and during any site inspections.
* Review and input into Asset Engineering Team operational procedures and standards.
* Provide technical input into electrical health & safety procedures and participate in the Electrical Safety Committee.
* Participate in electrical incident investigations and provide technical input into investigation report commentary and subsequent operating procedure updates.
* Support the senior engineers in the Asset Engineering Team when requested.
* Attend ongoing local and international training seminars for both technical and company policy/standards training.
* Attend and undertake CPD training, structured reading and tasks for ongoing professional development.
* Procurement, and review, of front-end electrical engineering reports, drawings and investigations (e.g. grid studies, feasibility studies, load flow and short-circuit studies, energy loss calculations, reticulation network designs, substation layouts etc.).
* Assessment of construct ability of green-field sites.
* Review of Grid Codes and Transmission Codes in various countries, and application to designs and/or technical discussions.
* Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on Mainstream projects in various countries, providing technical assistance and clarifications to any staff members when requested.
* Participation in technical design and planning meetings both locally and overseas.
* Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies and others, both locally and overseas as required.
* Producing technical reports for senior management.
* Detailed due diligence review of projects in various countries in accordance with Mainstream's Global Development Standard.
* International travel to inspect new and operational project sites, participate in equipment factory acceptance tests and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
* Producing detailed site inspection reports and meeting minutes.
* Ensuring electrical engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
* Ensuring that all documentation is uploaded and labelled correctly in the various SharePoint Online project directories.
* Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors in various countries.
What we require?
* The Electrical Engineer should have a minimum of two years' experience in the development and design of generating facilities, or similar. Any additional construction/site experience is preferred.
* The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognised University.
* Current membership with Engineers Ireland is not mandatory but is preferred.
For more information contact Chris