Accounts Payable Specialist (Part time)
Posted on Apr 13, 2019 by Inflight Dublin
Accounts Payable Specialist (Part Time)
Inflight Dublin, a world leader in the provision of inflight entertainment to over 40 clients worldwide. We're one of the two CSP providers in Europe and the only one in Ireland, guaranteeing global exposure into the world of Inflight Entertainment.
At Inflight Dublin, we understand everyone has different commitments, and as a result we provide job flexibility for our employees.
Great location, an attractive benefit package, an extra day off on your birthday and a wide range of social events including our famous bake offs and monthly Pizza Friday, definitely resonate with lots of candidates!
As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist on a part time basis (25hrs a week).
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills and the ability to take direction and prioritise their workload in a fast changing environment.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Timely posting supplier invoices and staff expense claims on the Accounts Payable system (Pegasus Opera)
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are appropriately authorised.
- Ensuring all staff expense claims are made in line with policy and appropriately authorised.
- Analysing company credit card payments and obtaining receipts and details to support purchases.
- Preparing supplier invoice and staff expense payments for approval.
- Investigating on a monthly basis supplier statement differences and resolving supplier queries on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with externals suppliers and various internal departments
- Liaising with internal departments on queries as required.
- Reconciling the General Bank account at regular intervals and ensuring all reconciling items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Preparing payments on a timely basis and recording/posting same to Pegasus.
- Ensuring internet banking is used efficiently with beneficiary listings kept up to date.
Administration/ Other Duties
- Assisting Financial Accountant with auditor queries, VAT returns and accounts receivable as required.
- Assisting with month end process, including but not limited to journal posting, intercompany reconciliation and monthly bank reconciliations as appropriate.
- Filing and administration.
- Other ad hoc projects as required.
The key attributes and skills that we are looking for in candidates are:
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills with a strong questioning approach.
- Shows high energy for improving processes & problem-solving.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year Accounts Payable experience within a Finance Team environment.
- Excellent PC skills; particularly Microsoft Excel.
Inflight Dublin will offer a bespoke remuneration package that meets the expectations of the candidate. In addition to salary, Inflight Dublin also offers an attractive bonus scheme, pension plan and other benefits.
About Inflight Dublin
For 30 years Inflight Dublin has been at the heart of the In-Flight Entertainment industry. We have consistently leveraged our detailed knowledge of content, media and technology, as well as our in-depth understanding of passenger demographics to deliver optimum solutions for our clients.
But we have a lot of hard work, innovation and growth ahead of us to create a future of the entertainment industry.